Do you offer Gift Certificates?
Yes, we do. Please look at our Gift Certificate Page for instructions on how to book your certifcate on-line.
- 1.5 hour Gillette Castle Viewing Daytime Public Cruise: $20 adult, $15 child.
- 2 Hour Evening/Sunset Cruise (June through August): $30/adult (no children under 12).
- Eagle/Winter Cruise (February and March): $40 all passengers (no children under 10).
- Tree Swallow Cruises (Last week in August, September, first week in October): $40 all passengers (no children under 12).
- AND, any dollar amount so your recipient can choose any cruise. We will be offering different Special Cruises throughout the season, normally priced between $30pp to $40pp.
- Also, Private Charters: $750 to $1250 for two hours, $250 each additional hour.
What do I need to bring on your cruises?
RiverQuest has a fully enclosed heated cabin that protects passengers from the sun, cold, wind and rain. Depending on the time of year, consider the following:
- Spring: A jacket or sweater is a must, be advised that it is a lot cooler on the water.
- Summer: Showers can pop up so a rain jacket is a good idea.
- Fall: Warm jacket, hat.
- Winter: There is a fully enclosed heated cabin, but, dress warm because you will want to be outside for best viewing! Long underwear, jacket, gloves, hat, and warm boots/socks.
- Binoculars (we also have a limited supply on-board for your use).
Do you provide food/drink on the cruise?
No, please bring your own food and beverage (alcohol is allowed on any cruise).
What time do I need to be there?
RiverQuest leaves on time! So, please be at the boat 15 minutes before departure time.
On a sunny summer weekend, please give yourself plenty of time for traffic congestion on Route 9 or I-95.
NOTE: If our passenger capacity is met, RiverQuest will leave the dock before scheduled departure time.
What is your refund policy?
We now have on-line booking for all our cruises. If possible, please book on-line:
- Public Daytime Gillette Castle Viewing and Sunset Cruises:
- For on-line booking: If we cancel the cruise because of weather issues or other circumstances, we will offer you a re-schedule. If you cannot re-schedule, you will not be charged. If you have an issue and need to cancel, you will not be charged if you cancel BY EMAIL within 96 hours of departure time. On busy days, on-line bookers get on first. After that, it is strictly first come, first seated.
- Special Cruises (Eagle, Tree Swallow, etc):
- For on-line booking: If we cancel the cruise because of weather issues or other circumstances, we will try to reschedule you. If that is not possible, you will not be charged. If you have an issue and need to cancel, you will not be charged if you cancel within 96 hours BY EMAIL of departure time.
- For Last Minute Cancellations:
- Your credit card will be charged for the cruise. If you have notified us (you must email us and call the RiverQuest phone: 860-662-0577 before the cruise) we will carry a credit for you that can be applied to a regularly scheduled public cruise, excluding any Special Cruises, other restrictions may apply.
- No Shows: Will be charged for the cruise.
- Is the boat handicap accessible?
Is there parking available?
Yes, there is PLENTY of FREE parking. Buses can remain in the parking lot.
Are there group rates?
Yes, we have group rates on our weekday 90 minute "Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise" for over 30 passengers.
See: Group and Bus Trips page.
Are there any senior specials?
Yes, for seniors, there is a 10% price reduction on our Wednesday and Thursday regularly scheduled 11:30am 90 minute "Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise". On those days, seniors pay $18 per person.
Can we bring food or beverages onboard?
Absolutely. Bring whatever you would like to eat or drink (alcohol is allowed) on any cruise.
On our Sunset Cruise, we will provide you with a small table for your picnic basket.
On our Daytime Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise, we may provide you with a table dependent on room.
Can we bring our pets on board?
Unfortunately, no pets are allowed. Sorry.
Is there a restroom (head) on board?
Yes. We also provide a Porta Potty on the Eagle Landing State Park grounds for more serious business before or after the cruise.
Lost and Found:
- Nothing right now!
- Is smoking allowed on board?
- No, RiverQuest is a non-smoking boat. The new electronic cigarettes are also not allowed.
Security and Privacy - Terms and Conditions:
Your security and privacy is very important to us.
Our on-line booking is secure. Once you hit the reservations button, you enter a secure on-line booking Merchant Page, you are not on our website anymore.
We do not sell or share any information that you may provide to us through our website or any other means.
We may use your email to notify you about any Specials Cruises that we, Connecticut River Expeditions, are offering. This is normally through an email service such as Constant Contact or equivalent. You may unsubscribe at any time.
The information on ctriverquest.com, ctriverquest.org, ctriverexpeditions.com, ctriverexpeditions.org, is provided and updated by Connecticut River Expeditions personnel.
Our reservation policy/terms and conditions is as follows:
Thank you for booking with us, RiverQuest/Connecticut River Expeditions. Please know that if you do not show up for a cruise that leaves the dock, you will be charged. If we cancel the cruise because of weather issues or other circumstances, we will try to offer a re-schedule, if we or you cannot re-schedule, you will NOT be charged. If you have an issue and need to cancel, you will NOT be charged if you cancel within 96 hours (four days) BY EMAIL of departure time. If we need to cancel, we will make every attempt to contact you, however, it is also your responsibility to check the website (ctriverquest.com) or call 860-662-0577 before you come for the cruise. Thanks!
Acceptable forms of payment are: For walk-ons: cash or credit card. On-line booking accepts credit card (Visa and Mastercard). There will be a $25 charge for any returned checks.